- We have some very exciting news to share! After 6 very successful years (almost $120k raised) of our Flying Towards a Cure event, the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation approached us about using our event as a springboard into the Dayton market! We are so excited to work directly with the amazing staff of the CF Foundation and many other volunteers who are just as passionate as we are about creating a fun event and finding a cure. The event will be called Brewing Up a Cure and it will be held at Bonbright Distributors (next to UD Arena) on Saturday, September 16, 2017. Keep an eye on our website for more exciting details about the event, ticket information, and much more!
How to Donate - Year 'Round!
- We have a Carson's Crew page which links directly to the CF Foundation and accepts donations 24/7/365. All donations are 100% tax deductible. Thank you for your support!
Biggest Step So Far Toward a Cure!
- The FDA approved the drug Orkambi for people with CF ages 6 and older who have two copies of the F508del mutation. Orkambi targets the underlying cause of the disease, improves lung function and significantly reduces the rate of pulmonary exacerbation (which can lead to frequent hospitalizations and accelerated lung disease). It is the second drug approved by the FDA which targets the underlying cause of CF with Kalydeco being the first.
- The double F508del is the mutation Carson has and he took part in the Vertex (drug manufacturer) clinical trial.
Attention Kroger and Amazon.com Shoppers...
If you have a Kroger Plus card (you should get one if you don't), you
can help us raise money simply by linking your card to the CF
Foundation. Each time you shop and have your card swiped, Kroger will
donate a small portion of what you have already spent to the linked non-profit
- If you shop at amazon.com, you can use Amazon's designated site to have some of your regular purchase price donated to a linked non-profit.